About the Public Vote and the Community Choice Award
- The Top 3 finalist schools for the World’s Best School Prizes were announced on September 12th at 6 am GMT at which time we opened a Public Vote, which will close on September 26th at midnight (23.59 GMT).
- The Public Vote will determine the winner of the new Community Choice Award which will be announced at the World’s Best School Prizes Winning Ceremony, taking place on November 4th 2023.
- The Community Choice Award is a new special recognition open to the 15 finalists for all five World’s Best School Prizes and awarded to the school that receives the most votes in the Public Vote*. This is independent of whether the school also wins one of the five World’s Best School Prizes or not. Only one school will be awarded the Community Choice Award.
*The school that receives the highest number of public votes will be the winner of the World’s Best School Prizes Community Choice Award 2023. The system counts the unique votes (to counter vote fraud) based on single voter registration with a unique email address.
- The Public Vote is independent of the decision of the Judging Academy and has no bearing on it. The Judges will decide the five winners of the World’s Best School Prizes based on the judging criteria, whilst the public will decide the winner of the Community Choice Award based on their stories, featured through videos published on the voting gallery.
- The result of the Public Vote will remain confidential until the Winning Ceremony. T4 Education will not disclose publicly the ranking of schools, or the number of votes collected at any moment. The only information shared will be the name of the winner of the Community Choice Award, on the day of the World’s Best School Prizes Winning Ceremony.
- T4 Education reserves the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast (i.e. same user using different email addresses). T4 Education reserves the right to disqualify any Finalist who engages in activity which could be designed to unfairly manipulate the outcome of the Public Vote.
- Voting is free. You may be subject to your standard internet access charges or data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile phone.
- In the event of an equal number of votes, T4 Education’s team will review the process and determine the winner leveraging additional criteria, such as number of shares on social media and amount of views of the school’s videos.
- The winner will be awarded with a free membership of T4 Education’s Best School To Work programme.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Public Vote
- How many times can someone vote?
Each person can only cast one vote, for their favourite school across all five categories.
- Who can vote?
Anyone can vote. There are no restrictions for voting - you only need a valid email address (and access to that email inbox) to confirm your vote.
- Are children (students under legal age) allowed to vote?
Are there any charges for voting?
Voting is free for everyone. You may be subject to your standard internet access charges or data charges if you are using a web browser on your mobile phone.
Do I need to vote for one school in each category?
No, you can only vote for one school across the five categories. All fifteen schools compete on the same grounds for the Public Vote, regardless of the categories in which they are running for the World’s Best School Prizes.
- If someone doesn’t have an email to register, how can they access to vote?
If you don’t have an email address to register, unfortunately you will not be able to vote. Every voter needs to confirm their vote through their email inboxes to ensure the vote is valid, in order to guarantee a fair voting process.
- What do I need in order to vote?
All you need is to have a valid email address to confirm your vote. We will send you an email right after you submit your voting form. If you aren't able to confirm your vote via your email, unfortunately we can't count your vote in.
- Where do I find the email to confirm my vote?
If you can't find the email in your inbox as per the email address you provided, please check your Spam folder. If you still can't find it, please contact us: https://vote.worldsbestschool.org/vote/contact-us
- When will the winners be announced?
The winner of the Community Choice Award will be unveiled at the Winning Ceremony of the World’s Best School Prizes, an online global celebration, open to anyone to attend. More information at: worldsbestschool.org
Date of last amendment: September 2023.